.:Tears:.:An FMA Fanfiction:.

Ayame's Note: Yeah, I know, not a very pleasant way to start out my FMA career. Angst bunny got me. Sorry. Kinda confusing, too.

Warnings: Implied shounen-ai, character death. Ed's about sixteen or so.


Disclaimer: If I owned FMA, Maes Hughes and Scar would be the co-main characters.


"Damnit!" Ed cursed violently for what was probably the billionth time since he'd sat down on his back porch in the pouring rain. He didn't want to go inside yet. But he would never admit it was because the rain hid his tears.


Never in a trillion years.


"Damnit," he choked again, seeing the smoking scene in his mind again. The charred flesh of the first corpse peeling away from blackened bones; the other, very familiar body covered in a large amount of blood and terrifyingly still. He could barely believe it.


I've taken everyone for granted, he finally realized. Father, Mother, Al, and now Roy. It no longer shocked him to think about the Flame Alchemist by his first name. That had ceased long ago.


Now, he was simply just 'Roy,' or occasionally still 'bastard.' But only when he was being particularly unbearable. And never for very long.


The flames of that afternoon crackled in his mind, as more memories overwhelmed him. Seeing his father's half-shadowed face....his mother sprawled on the floor, that day....Al's body being eaten away before his eyes...


And now, this new one. This particularly disturbing one where Roy Mustang, the only person who knew him almost as well as his brother, lay sprawled on a floor of burning timber, with a gaping bullet wound in his chest. Not breathing.


This one where the charred remains of a successful assassin lay scattered on the other side of the room.


And now, he shut them all out, almost numb. Empty.


As he sat out in the cold, stabbing rain, something new happened.


For the first time in eight years, Edward Elric, the Full Metal Alchemist, began to cry.


.:Back to Fanfiction:.
.:Back to Home:.
.:Back to Top:.



This plot is (c) Ayame.